Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Sabo to Kasuwa.

There I was, inside the bus going to from Sabo to kasuwa. With a bended head, just inside the bus,  I noticed that the space the other 3 passengers left  for me to sit down would never fit; for all 3 of them on that seat ,were on the big size. The biggest of  them all was  the woman on my left, who seems to have occupied till Jesus come. I  didn't say anything as they all pretended not to have  heard me say  "abeg make una shift small". Since all of the want to run me streets, me self I be street. I forced my buttocks until they made way for me. offcourse I noticed  the big  woman wasn't so happy with my behaviour, the way she  frowned her face as she eyes me up and down, but i no send her, who frowning epp!
Just  around Barnawa junction,2 passengers dropped from the bus and  2 others came  inn, they both sat down like strangers, just minding there business. As the bus proceeds,along the Television garrage,suddenly there was an outburst from this very young pretty lady that came in earlier with the gentle man. As she spoke  venomously, ranting like a raven dog on this man sitting next to her,unusual for a kd man, i expected him to cut this woman to her size. The insult continues and yet the man didnt say a word.The entire bus became as silent as the grave, we all didn’t know who offended her. Besides, we all adjusted our sitting position waiting to pick the drift. I knew I was not the only one fighting to hear whatever it was that could have aggravated this  lady. Deep within me I knew, that whatever must be the case, this my brother here must be guilty ;from his actions and body language, anyone could spell the guilt written all over  him. Finally she broke the ice, when she called him "useless He goat" at that moment we all knew whatever was coming next! Was going to  explode us all ;as we all make ready our antennas to hear the  punchline.

Although some older men in the bus begged continued to beg this particular woman,  saying that whatever the problem between the couple May be,she should not wash their dirt outside. But this woman was bent on letting hell loose on her man. The women in the bus also begged ,but to no avail  "madam,ki yankuri,don't be angry"  the women begged on this man's behalf. Some even went as far as saying, “look at him madam, we are sure he is sorry already". I think it was not a good idea to have said that . That statement further angered her as she screamed "sorry"!!! i dont need his sorry she flamed again .This time she fired in all cylinders, using her hands to poke the man. We still did not know what was going on and we are closed to the Stadium roundabout. The Conductor was already collecting his money not minding the storm in the bus. Eventually she said what was actually eating her up. Well,she did as She screamed "so Salewa is not your sister you this Ashawo man, and you lied to me, instead  you brought her inside our home, she eat my  salt, she eat my food” the lady said repeatedly as she perpetually broke down  in tears. This excruciating  pain that radiates from this woman, should melt the hardest of hearts.  I was already feeling for her .“All these while" she continued " both of you were sleeping with each other under my nose” she broke the ice and ot was not good at all.I wondered,no wonder the man just kept quiet as this woman rained thunder and brim stones,I knew he was guilty.  By the time we got to Leventis roundabout, the last bus stop. Most of the women in the bus were also crying as  both of my ears  were already full from all sorts of insults. As the man left the bus in a hurry with  his head to the ground in a hurry like a dog that has its tale in between his legs fear.

Deep within,even as i take a strole down Kano road i thought deeply.Regardless of anything, no human being deserved to be treated in such a manner. If you love your wife, you should respect her. It is enough to cheat on her with other side chicks outside your home, but to bring her home and dishonored your home! Well, that is way out of line. That man messes up big time, I hope he learnt his lessons and I hope she can forgive this very offence. I can still imagined   how broken this woman must be at the moment. If you love your wife,pls respect her and be comptempted with what you have,is cheaper!


1 comment: