Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Defend her honor first


“You should have defended me out there and blame me in here, I would have listen to you, instead you went and sat down with your family and you finished listening to all the blames, both the things I did and the ones I didn't and here you are screaming at me and calling me names over what I didn’t do”. There and there after hearing these statements. I immediately regretted my decision and further  questioned myself. Why of all days did I decided to carry my two left legs to visit my friend. Haven heard the first proofs that should have made me stand up and disappeared. Yet again I was still sutting down jejely in the living room when all of a sudden this shouts and cries cascaded from upstairs down to where I was seated.

Already, before I made my conclusions that my friend and his wife are in a very serious argument their daughter Racheal had already reported the matter. In her words “ sir, my Daddy will soon give my Mummy a dirty slap for slapping and kicking my Daddy” . Immediately she disappeared again into the tin air in the direction of the bedrooms upstairs. I was already on my foot in front of the television that was suppose to entertain me as a guest, but reverse is the case, instead it was the television was the one watching me as I try to decide to go upstairs or  not to go. Almost as I was about making a move to take the first climb of the stairs case , I saw my friend coming down with his face frawned face like one who just chewed a piece of lime orange. I looked at his shirt and I confirmed what little Racheal told me earlier, about her mother slapping and kicking her father. My friend is a very fair man, could also notice the injuries on his neck, obviously they were her  nails. Tunde my friend was trying to play cool, to cover up for his wife as he smiled and begged me to go and hang out and talk over a few drinks.

Dead silent in the car as we go down the central area to find a bar .finally we got an hotel and here we were just by the bar with a good views of the beautiful pool just not far from us, the light around the pool made everyone around it so beautiful,my friend was still silent. The matter at hand did not allow  me enjoy the ambiance of this very place. Upon arrival of our orders,in a rush he opened tge drink,like he just dropped from a desert,his first drink almost made the first bottle a thing of the past. Shortly after a deep breath he began. “My guy ,I swear man dey tolerate some kind extra shits, do you know that my wife slapped me, she was literally fighting me, look at my neck , no! no! just take a look” he said angrily as he finished the bottle as he called on the barman to bring another bottle. So he continued again “ what did I do wrong. Earlier today, I received a call from my mother telling me that, my younger brother’s wife was very disrespectful to my wife over the weekend when she came around, so she begged my wife to forgive and she told my wife a few other things that the lady has done too to her just to make my wife understood that she is not the only one the girl disrespects and maybe this may actually  calm her down, only for her my mum to  receive a call from her other children fighting and shouting and threatening that they are all coming to throw the girl out of her husband’s house. So my mum  told me that she didn’t like what my wife did,she told her all those thing out trusts . I apologize and begged mumsy down on behalf of my wife,later on I asked my wife in all calmness on why she called all these people to report all this things, she should have allowed my mother handle it her own way“ by the time he finished explaining I saw two empty bottles and he was half way into the third one. Without listening to the end, i knew what made his wife so mad. I confirmed it when he said “ I called her a gossip, I didn't  Even   say that. She just formulated everything, I just started sceaming that i said she was going around talking about the affairs of my family to everybody, she started screaming and I told her to shut up. Then the whole thing changed again, as she started  claiming  that I want to beat her. What kind of madness is this men” Another bottled bites the dust .

Haven thought deeply within myself, so I began, my friend you have today proofed to me that you are indeed a gentle man, not many men could hold their pride, temper this long;especially when they are truly  right; but you did. You have over come the trials of today, when you get home apologies to your wife so you can have peace. We apologies not because we are wrong sometimes, but because we value our relationship with our spouses more than been right,also my friend your peace of mind is more important men.

Now you know, it is not a good feeling at all to discover that your spouse don’t gat your back outside. Nothing is as painful as that feeling, knowing that you spouse is supporting another that is not you.For a woman, you have to fight, protect her dignity out side; even though deep inside you know that she is wrong, you have to protect her pride. When you alone with her, when nobody is there you can tell her how you feel about the entire arguments. Most people often make that mistake, going to take side  outside and just because they are convinced that they are right. It was never a game of being right or wrong . It’s about protection and deep understanding my Man.

      NOW  YOU KNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment